Quantum Communication & Post-Quantum CryptographyResearch
Rapid advances in quantum computing pose significant challenges for cyber security and communication between quantum machines.
On the one hand, commonly used asymmetric chiffrement algorithms are vulnerable to quantum computer attacks. On the other hand, access to quantum machines that are still experimental (especially via the cloud) is already beginning to raise the question of the security (confidentiality and verification) of these calculations in the same way as it arises when the State, companies or citizens entrust data and calculations to datacenters operated by third parties. The development of communication and cryptography solutions guaranteeing the long-term rights of citizens, companies and the sovereignty of the State is a key issue.
Laboratories involved: COSMIQ, INSP, IRCP, IRIF, LIP6, LKB, MPQ, SYRTE
- Challenge 7: Paris Quantum Communication Infrastructure
- Challenge 8: Advanced QKD Systems and Deployed Fiber Demonstration
- Challenge 9: Entangled Links for Quantum Networks
- Challenge 10: First practical applications of quantum networks
Laboratories involved: COSMIQ, CASCADE, IRIF, LIP6
- Challenge 11: Quantum Computer Resilient Protocols
- Challenge 12: Quantum and Classical Cryptanalysis
- Challenge 13: Quantum error-correcting codes for post-quantum cryptography